Brake Repairs in Shefford, South Bedfordshire
Most people know that brake pads need to be changed periodically, but what about the rest of your vehicle’s brake system? Country Vehicles brake repairs in Shefford include checks of your brake pedal, callipers, lines, and rotors. We inspect for rust damage and brake fluid leaks. Pinpointing the fault accurately will improve braking performance, and minimise the risk of brake failure.
Do Your Brakes Need Repairs?
The most common repair is brake pads. These need checking every 25,000 miles if most of your motoring is done in urban areas, or every 60,000 miles if you’re predominantly a motorway driver. Take not of any odd sounds or change in the performance of your braking system. If left, your brake faults will simply get worse, and the repairs become more costly.
BRAKE REPAIRS WARNING SYMPTOMS
Don’t take chances with your brakes. If any of the symptoms below are familiar to you, or the brake warning light is flashing on your dashboard, book your vehicle in to your local garage fast:
• Pulsating felt in the brake pedal could mean a warped disc.
• Persistent grinding when you brake indicates worn brake pads.
• When a vehicle pulls to one side upon braking the problem could be a seized calliper.
• A spongy brake pedal suggests that air has entered the lines.
• Squeaky brakes have many possible causes; best to get them checked out.
• The dashboard brake warning light indicates your brake fluid is low.