Brake Services in Shefford, South Bedfordshire
A brake inspection offers peace of mind that your vehicle is in good health, and safe to drive. The Country Vehicles team in Shefford will check out your brake pedal, fluid, lines, and hoses. If you’ve noticed odd noises, or your brake pedal feels ‘spongy’, we’ll diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs. Our brake services in Shefford include brake pad replacements, brake shoe replacements and disc replacements.
Do Your Brake Pads
If you drive predominantly on motorways you should think about changing your brake pads every 60,000 miles. If, however, most of your driving is in towns or cities, you’ll need to have them checked after 25,000 miles. Your brake pads will need replacing if they’ve worn down to a thickness of 3mm or less.
Brake Warning Symptoms
You can’t take any chances with brakes. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should get your vehicle booked in to your local garage fast:
• A persistent grinding indicates that your brake pads are worn.
• Pulsating in the brake pedal could indicate a warped disc.
• A spongy brake pedal is a sign that air has entered the lines.
• If a vehicle pulls to one side when braking it could be a seized calliper.
• The brake warning light indicates your brake fluid is dangerously low.
• Squeaking brakes have many possible causes, so get them checked out.