LOCAL CLUTCH REPLACEMENT, SHEFFORD
The clutch is what allows you to change gear in a manual vehicle. It’s a critical vehicle component that’s used in every manoeuvre, which means that it wears out over time and needs to be replaced. Clutches normally last for between 50,000 and 100,000 miles. Heavy use of the clutch will make it wear out quicker.
A clutch in good working order makes driving easier. If you feel that either your clutch or the pedal is showing symptoms of wear, we would recommend you book your vehicle in for a clutch check. The CVS team will diagnose the problem for you let you know whether a clutch replacement is required.
SIGNS THAT YOU NEED A CLUTCH REPLACEMENT
If you notice any of the following symptoms, call in at your local garage, or book your vehicle in at Country Vehicles in Shefford:
• It’s difficult to change gear.
• The clutch pedal sticks, vibrates, or feels ‘spongy’ when you press on it.
• You experienced the clutch slipping, which causes loss of acceleration.
• Your engine revs but the acceleration is poor.
• There is a rumble, or squeaking sound when you press on the clutch pedal.