Valentine’s Day Date Ideas – Featuring a Car!
Looking for some unusual Valentine’s Day ideas? Well, who’d have thought Country Vehicles in Shefford would be coming up with them? If you fancy a change from chocolates, romantic setting, meal for two (although that does sound rather nice!) we got a few alternatives. We asked the CVS team to come up with Valentine’s Day date ideas – featuring a car. And here’s what they came up with.
1. Take a Road Trip
Country pub lunches can be just as romantic as your local restaurant, so choose a remote destination and set out early. Plot out a route that avoids motorways and A roads. Find a pub with great reviews and book a table. Then enjoy the novelty of setting off with the day ahead of you, in February, spectacular scenery along the way, and some great food awaiting you – with the person you love!
2. Create Your own Drive-In Movie
This one takes a bit of preparation, but the idea is so romantic that it’s got to be worth it. Creating your own drive-in movie isn’t hard; here’s how to do it:
- Find the location. You’ll need somewhere where you can watch from your car; a garage, or house wall is perfect.
- Create the Screen. Use a sheet, securely attached to the wall, and decorate with some outdoor lights (which will need to be turned off to watch the film)
- Get a Projector. Either borrow or buy a projector which can connect with your TV or Blu Ray player.
- Buy the Snacks. You’ll need all the cinema favourites, as well as blankets, rugs, and pillows.
- Enjoy Your Date. Snuggle up together to enjoy your favourite romantic film.
3. Enjoy the View
The UK has fantastic views in just about every region from mountain panoramas to cliff-top vistas, or magnificent moorland landscapes. Choose the view that you find the most romantic, invest in a bottle of champagne and lay on an afternoon tea hamper. Plan to get to your view late afternoon, so if there is a sunset, you’ll get a front-row seat. Crack open the champers and make a toast!
4. Get Lost Together
Getting lost together can be the ultimate romantic date. The idea is that the more you let go of the everyday and familiar, the more you enjoy being in the moment together. Simply drive to the edge of your town or city and use a throw of the dice to decide which way you go from then on. Who knows where you’ll end up, or what adventures await you.
Before Your Date…
Make sure your car’s ready for action. An unexpected break down could ruin the romance! You can rely on Country Vehicles Shefford for servicing, car repairs, tyres, or brake checks. We’re a local south Bedfordshire garage with romance in our souls, so if there’s anything you need checking out on your car, pop in and we’ll take a look.
If you’ve been inspired by our Valentine’s Day ideas and need your vehicle serviced in preparation for your date, give us a call on 01234 381555